Monday, June 30, 2008

The best things...

Personal use:
The best 2.0 tool I've got now is GoodReads. I have so little time to read but hope, as the kids get older to catch up so I love having a spot that I can quickly and easily add titles that I would surely forget between now and the rosy, future time full of reading. And that I can include who recommended them it fantastic. I have a terrible memory for names of anything so I really need this tool!

I tried MySpace and didn't like. Will try FaceBook later -- have been hearing good things but I still don't think it is my thing.

Micro-blogging just might work for me -- not so interested in displaying my life but like to share cool stuff. Will try to find time to try it for real.

Professional use:
GoogleDocs for collaboration.
Wikis for staff information.
GoodReads for RA.
Blogs, we use already :)
del.i.cious

Library-level use:
Meebo for reference.
Wikis for library website.
Blogs/RSS for website.
GoodReads for new books and staff recommendations.
Video posting for intro to the new libraries.

No comments: