Friday, June 27, 2008

Now this is Cool Stuff

PG Wodehouse read out loud. Boomtown Rats streaming. Must remember to get to the desk. :)

I did judge the streaming music sites by their "cover", I'll admit it. I used to use Pandora, years ago when they first appeared and so I don't have a great opinion of them -- I'm sure they've changed, just not willing to give them my time. I was initially turned off by the look-and-feel of IMEEM and then not impressed by my search results. My choice, at this point, is last.fm -- I'll give them a try for a while, see if they stand up to my high standards ;)

The Internet Archive is just getting better and more useful as it ages (don't most archives?). The speeches are particularly important for us librarians to remember.

I tried Mango Languages months ago when it was mentioned on Infodoodads and in Beta. I loved it but now it's Alpha (?) and they want money, quite a bit of it so I don't think I'll be using it.

The Absolute Sound Effects Archive is a great alternative to sound effects on CD, glad to see it and I think my kids will love it.

CDs aren't dead, yet...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's too bad about Mango...if you want to learn a language online check out www.edufire.com. The site is great with MANY free tools; flashcards, videos, forums, podcasts, social networking and the tutoring sessions are very affordable I think when compared to some other language learning sites online.

If interested let me know and I can set you up with a free session.

Good luck with your language learning adventures :)

Stephanie

stephanie@edurev.com